Friday, May 16, 2008

Huffington never approves my comments

I don't know why the Huffington Post cares so much what I have to say, but once again they denied my comment. In fact, I don't think I have commented there successfully once. Shouldn't that be a story in itself? If I had more time, I'd post here.

Here is the comment I last attempted, oooooh NASTY:

This comment is pending approval and won't be displayed until it is approved.

There is nothing brave about taking the dominant gender point of view and forcing the woman out of the way. There is nothing acceptable about betraying millions of women who have looked at NARAL as a feminist organization. Then posting here at Huffington Post, a media outlet that has proven to be anti-Hillary and anti-feminist is even more cowardly.

All NARAL had to do was wait 3 weeks to let the people decide on the candidate. Hillary Clinton has devoted her entire life to supporting women, children, reproductive health and freedom, and women's right to choose. In fact, Hillary's campaign is all about women's empowerment.

I can only imagine that Nancy was promised something in a under-the-table deal from the Obama campaign. What a shame on behalf of those of us who have supported her organization for decades.

When I was at Harvard Law School, I stood up at several clinic protection efforts in Boston. Although Barack Obama was on campus with me, he never supported me or the rest of the pro-choice movement on campus. He was never an active supporter for women's rights on campus. The legacy he left the Harvard Law Review, where I too was an editor, was not a legacy of feminism.

I am sad for NARAL, which is now losing many members, including me. I'm sure my post will be flamed by the Obamaniacs here -- and I know that most of you are paid to post, but I'm not.

4 comments:

Harriet said...

THANK YOU! I have been waiting and hoping for someone who knew Obama from his undergraduate or law school days to reveal truth about this arrogant poseur. PLEASE, MTS, if you know of other classmates who would tell Americans who and hat the real "Saint Barack" is, encourage them to contact the few media members who have not canonized Obama, who are putting truth and fairness above political correctness. You would help save the world from this egomaniacal demagogue.

Susan said...

Here is a letter I sent to NARAL and encourage other Clinton supporters to voice their own anger:

To the PAC membership,

I am writing NOT to ask for membership in your organization but to delete my name and interest from your organization. Your biased decision against one of the greatest women in America, Hillary Clinton, will forever cause me to disregard your purpose. As a fighter for all your organization stands for, Senator Clinton has supported legislation to avert judges and decisions which would set back all the progress she and other women have fought for to preserve and protect the rights of all women to choose!!

I was appalled and of course disappointed to hear you stuck a knive into Senator Clinton's back by putting your support behind Obama. His 'sweetie' comment to a female reporter is certainly one sign of his misogynism...and I resent both his misogynist devaluation of women...and now resent your open attempt to humiliate Senator Clinton, one of your best and most loyal supporters!! Shame on you all.

You will not be getting any further support from me and most of my friends. Don't continue to forward your literature or requests for donations. I work hard to get others to follow my lead by disengaging with an organization who plays dirty politics. Your organization didn't have to endorse anyone. But since you made this choice, know women all across America who have supported the woman who has supported us will too make this decision not to support this organization.

I will pass this on to my many friends who feel the same way as I do. They may not write you to express their disappointment or disrespect for your treatment to a most wonderful advocate for all women, but I know many will not sent their contributions after your 'choice' to ambush a friend to all women has been publicly made.

Take my name and address off your mailing list and send no more e-mails (as I will spam you if you do). When one makes a mistake, they must suffer the consequences. If you really hate Senator Clinton this much, know that there are a great majority of us who don't find Obama to be supportive to women's issues or rights as we know Senator Clinton to be. I hope your organization goes under! And I hope your karma is ruthless. Senator Clinton has always been there for your efforts. You are just despicable in how you have returned her generosity and support. Again, SHAME on YOU!!

republicanfeminist said...

Thank you for this. Thank goodness Hillary is still in the race.
We need a feminist in the White House to help our country.
I canceled my naral membership too - I gave my monthly giving to Emily's LIst.

Harriet said...

To other's comments, I add a copy of my letter of disgust to NARAL:

RE: NARAL's endorsement of "Sweetie" Obama: Though I have supported abortion rights for over 40 years, I have never supported treachery or opportunism. Having already fallen for and accepted Obama's political pandering, now don't forget to collect your thirty pieces of silver. That’s all you'll ever get from him, anyway--and thirty times what you'll ever get from me.